6238 Pleasant St.
(515) 267-1104 home (515) 779-7554 cell
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Architecture
· Senior member of the architecture group. Responsible for the creation of a new software architecture to help J2EE developers teams to increase productivity. Advice project managers and lead developers on architectural decisions. Fill the role of software architect on several developer teams. Mentor application development staff on new technologies and security practices. Deliver presentations on company wide meetings about different software and security topics.
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Architecture
NW Ave ,
· Senior member of the architecture group. Responsible for the development of complex computer applications (J2EE) that meet defined worldwide business requirements. These business applications facilitate the sharing of information to assist in business decision-making and to support the daily operations of the business. Also responsible for providing technical guidance to the application development staff.
ABC Virtual Communication, Regency 1 Building 1501 50th Street, West Des Moines, IA
· Senior member of the technical team at ABC Virtual Communications. Primarily responsible for design and development of web-based software solutions for Pioneer Hi Bred Int. Member of company-wide re-usable component initiatives. Work with various web enabling technologies as well as object-oriented methodology using Java and Rational Rose. Design and develop web-centric interfaces to access server-based relational databases and generate reports. Mentor and support other developers.
Contracts and Grants Office,
· Responsible for researching and maintaining a central database server for transaction management, and implementation of security policies to protect the Network server. This database contains all university research proposal and award data. Helped configure server and train users for using Oracle 7.3. Also, responsible for administering and maintaining a Windows NT server and a Linux workstation running an Apache Web server and a MySQL database. Participate in the maintenance of the network, trouble shooting hardware and software problems on both the Macintosh and PC systems.
· Worked in the design and development and installation of three digital fault recorders (DFR) to be installed on a new hydroelectric power plant. Also, I supervised the modification in hardware and software of 21 DFRs which allowed the recorders to synchronize the date and time using a Global Positioning System (GPS), giving users an easy way to compare the data collected by the registers.
· Started network composed of three machines in our department to share information about projects and presented a plan to the board of directors to install a network server to share information between all departments in the company. In December 1996 the plan was approved and I was appointed administrator of the network. By July 1997 the network consisted of one server running Windows NT 3.51 server connected to 50 computers running Windows NT workstation 4.0 or Windows 95. The server handled email, file sharing, version control software, file backup and printing. Work included testing new hardware and software for the network, installing operating system on new computers, troubleshooting, maintenance, system security and Supervising the connection of new computers to the network.
· Worked in the design and development of software for five Analog Processing units (APU), designed to substitute voltage, current and power transducers for distribution sub-stations. Given the success of this project all the new Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) for distribution sub-stations use APU instead of transducer to measure the electric signals.
Design and development of software for three RTUs for the Instituto
Costarricence de Electricidad in
· Worked in the design and development of software for RTUs to be installed on electric sub-stations or power plants. These units gathered information in real time and transmitted data to a master station for user supervision. An in-house real time kernel developed in C is used to control the priority of each task performed by the RTU. This also included the development of communication protocols such as MODBUS to communicate between RTUs and master station. All the development was done in C, C++, and Assembler 8086.
Installed Novell Network clients and provided user support for PC
computers on a Novell network. The
company was in charge of maintenance and user support for the INELECTRA
network. INELECTRA is a consulting company in charge of several projects for
oil companies in
· Repaired and upgraded Macintosh computers. This included hardware and software troubleshooting and user support.
Mathematics and Electrical Engineering Departments,
· Gave two recitations per week to resolve exercises related with the subject matter, assigned and evaluated homework, and assisted the professor during exams.
M.S. in Computer Engineering, August 1999 –
B.S. in Electronics
Engineering, October 1991 –
“Intranet Design and Implementation” –
· A one-week course about design and implementation of Intranets. The course focused on the use of Web servers and Internet tools as a method to share information within a company.
“UML, Object-Oriented Analysis and Design” –
· A one-week course about OOAD and the UML, describes the OOAD development process and teaches how to plan for a project.
Member for the “